Welcome to Mosman Bowling Club
The members of Mosman Bowling Club pride themselves on our beautiful old building, gardens and well maintained greens. We are one of the few 100+ year old clubs in Sydney and the oldest club in the Mosman Municipality.
We welcome visitors to use our facilities for private functions, community and corporate events. Just call Rhian in the office on 9969 5198 to discuss your requirements. We specialise in large corporate events where bowls is part of team building or celebration activities. If you are interested in playing bowls it would be difficult to find a more friendly and inclusive club.
For our playing days please click on Social Bowls below.
We are pleased to advise that our greens have been re-opened on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for rollups and practice only, and subject to very strict guidelines. This is a further update as of 17 May.
Following the relaxation of restrictions imposed by the Federal and State governments, the Bowls NSW Roadmap has been updated to allow 2 or 4 bowlers per rink. A vacant rink is still required between each occupied rink, and just 10 bowlers are permitted to rollup on each green at a time.
It is your choice whether or not you take advantage of this opportunity to rollup alone, or with another member or in pairs.
Members are reminded of Government guidelines and recommendations. Social-distancing, sanitisation and other requirements must be met. The clubhouse will not be open. The recommendation for aged bowlers and those with pre-existing conditions still applies.
The Bowls Office will be manned from 9am to 4pm each Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday.
Individual rollups will be allocated for hourly intervals throughout each day, and 2 & 4 bowler rinks will be allocated 2-hour intervals. All rollups will be supervised.
This opportunity is strictly for MBC members only.
The procedure is:
- Telephone the Bowls Office from 9am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays to book a time.
- If you elect to play 2 or 4 bowlers you must make your own arrangements with the other members. Our club is not permitted to organise games.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before your allocated time.
- Collect your bowls from your locker and check with the Bowls Office for your allocated rink.
- The mats and jack will be on your rink.
- Rollups and practice must finish within the hour.
- Disinfect your mat, jack and your bowls.
- Wash your hands thoroughly (20 secs with soap).
- Depart from the club immediately.
- Before leaving you may wish to book a time later in the day or the next day with the Bowls Office.
We request a payment of $5 green fee to be paid to the Bowls Office – please have the exact money.
Whilst this is much more socially-orientated, it still falls within the Covid-19 elimination programme. It is also subject to change at short notice.
Our health and well-being are paramount and this modest exercise in our favoured activity contributes.
Mosman Travel is our club’s major sponsor and is used by many of our members for both international and domestic travel.
Bendigo Bank Mosman sponsors our popular Harkness Trophy each year.